2018 Winterfest Quilt Raffle Winner:
Thank you everyone for your support! The quilt alone raised us $1350!
Our tiny district, like every other school district in Oregon, no matter how large, depends on the generosity of our patrons to supplement the funds supplied from the state and federal government. We are fortunate to have this non-profit organization dedicated to raising funds every year for us to afford our part-time music, art, outdoor education and media costs. The Foundation board meets every other month to plan major fund raisers and explore grant opportunities. Throughout the year, the board members recruit volunteers and organize students to put on the events which have generated the funding in the last few years to provide these supplements to our educational program:
- Outdoor education field trips to the Grand Canyon, Channel Islands, Yosemite and Olympic National Park
- Installation of the Pinehurst teaching garden and outdoor classroom
- Creation of the Laurie Grupe’ Art Center Classroom
- Purchase of numerous computers and other electronic hard and software
- Support for guest instructors and Self-Directed learning supplemental programs
- Purchase of keyboards and other musical instruments
By making their mission the whole-hearted and full-pocketed support of the school, the Foundation go-getters create community-wide events inviting neighbors and folks from the greater community to gather for fun and to benefit our school district’s children.
Pinehurst School Foundation Vision Statement
Funding and sustaining excellence in the Pinehurst School District.
Pinehurst School Foundation Mission Statement
Cultivating community investment in order to enrich and sustain student education and success.
PSF Board Members
Alison Kling, President
Heidi Gehman, Vice President
Amy Schumacher, Treasurer
Holly Amann, Secretary